St. Saviours Church - 1894
St. Saviours Church is an Anglican Church. The church originated in Odanah which translates from Cree to "meeting place", one mile west of Minnedosa.
The church was founded by the Meadows family which had the first wedding, baptism and funeral there. The Meadows also donated the Bible located in the church. The money from the church was collected from England.
The interior of the church is decorated with polished white ash. The church was constructed traditionally in the form of a cross with stained glass windows, facing the east to catch the early morning sunlight.
St. Saviours also has the traditional Victorian barge board, commonly referred to as gingerboard, which dates back to the 14th century in Europe. This fret work, which spans the roof top of the tiny church, was popular in England during the reign of Queen Victoria.
The goblets for Communion and the wicker basket to carry Sacrements of Holy Communion are original artifacts.
The church is still used for weddings and services.
Copyright © 1997-2000 Manitoba Agricultural Museum